On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:

> I also meant to include an example of boundary relations working!  The
> new maxspeed map[1] shows use of the maxspeed tag.  It you look at the
> lower left of the map window, you'll see "Admin boundary hierarchy
> Toronto(6) / Ontario(4)" Pretty cool.
>

> [1]
> http://maxspeed.osm.lab.rfc822.org/?zoom=16&lat=43.66352&lon=-79.39146&layers=B0T&input=maxspeed

I was going to give you a hard time about keeping this a secret, but I
see that the guy running the site just made it worldwide yesterday.

Now, how do we learn about what we are viewing, and how to make the
magic work? I did a search on maxspeed osm lab, and got a few hits to
pages talking about it, but didn't find a page describing what I'm
looking at.

I tried looking at my own local area, and get nothing but the base
map. Only Alberta is defined as a relation. I'm going to assume that
the admin relation needs to have things associated, such as a base
speed limit. For Alberta, we would probably define a max speed of 80
km/h, which is the default for the rural highway grid (which
encompasses all roads excluding highways). Do you define default speed
limits for different classes of roads.

Show me and I'll shut up... (<hee hee> like that will happen)

I might be quiet for a little bit though.

Just another thing that I know I don't know.

James
VE6SRV