A little more feedback.  I was talking to one of the city councilors
yesterday evening who is on the Ottawa informatics sub-committee.
Apparently they have decide to release data under the opendata side but his
thoughts were that it was a list of swimming lessons and their times and not
much else.

However since it appears to have been released to Google there is a very
good chance I can get what ever we require the question then becomes what
exactly do we want?  It started out as GTFS, Google transit whatever but has
now been amended to General Transit whatever.

We have a few bus stops in Ottawa already mapped but what we don't have is
the four digit bus stop number that allows you to phone and see when the
next bus is, nor do me have the official locations that are displayed on the
bus GPS as the bus approaches the stops.  I assume this information would be
useful.  Previously I have suggested wiping data already in OSM where it is
either wrong or incomplete and been cried down because people have spent
time entering the data.  In this case bus tops missing the metadata of the
official location or the four digit number is far less valuable than just
knowing where the bus stop is.

Route information can be tied to physical bus stops but gets amended twice a
year.

Thoughts please.

Thanks John