Alright, here is an example shot of the raw address interpolation ways
after my conversion routine brings them in from the StatCan shape files:
http://www.egunn.com/gallery2/d/27982-2/road_misalign.jpg
You'll notice that the roads are quite misaligned from the OSM mapped
roads, and in some cases the geometry is quite off.

Here's how I've been cleaning them up:
[img]http://www.egunn.com/gallery2/d/27977-2/address_ways_aligned.jpg[/img]
I'm using a combination of the existing OSM mapped data, and the yahoo
aerial imagery to get a feel for where to start and end the address
interpolation ways.
Really it's just moving things around and aligning it up nicely.  This is
just the left-side interpolation ways; I need to get the right side added
in for these areas as well.

I've posted a copy of the script I'm using here:
http://www.egunn.com/doku.php?id=osm

Tyler