On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Bégin, Daniel
<daniel.be...@rncan-nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> You did not miss anything, you are giving comments on a sample - as expected!
>
> - About missing names, Canvec features are not named. However you can find
> some toponyms.
> - About missing tags on multipolygon. The tags have been placed at relation
> level, not on inner or outer ways.
> - About duplicate ways for water bodies. You have found a problem with the
> Canvec product - support team has been advised.
> - About out of date data - residential area, sports track, buildings. Here is
> what I answered to Richard yesterday concerning building, it applies to your
> findings ...
>
> "It reflects the fact that there is no more complete map update program at
> federal level.  The updated content is provided through the GeoBase
> initiative.  As buildings are not a GeoBase layer, they have not been updated
> for a while.  That is where Osm mapper could eventually make a difference."

Looks good, much better than my previous half-assed import attempts.

There is a lot of out of date data in CanVec, especially in the
buildings layer - e.g. old industrial buildings that were demolished
ten years ago and replaced with new buildings. Please compare to
Yahoo/survey before importing!