If we decide to import then adding the GTFS (General Transit Feed
Specification) tags on additional fields such as stop_code would allow the
use of Maperitive's find command to locate bus stops by stop_id even if it
wasn't visible.  The other two relevant tags would be stop_name which in the
case of Ottawa is displayed internally on the bus and stop_id which would be
significant only to an application or bot.

I'd bug Calgary nicely for a GTFS format file.  GTFS started out as
Google Transit
Feed Specification but has since changed its name as it went through a
"standards"
style discussion etc. and is now used for more than just Google.

Cheerio John