Hi

I had an opportunity to visit the town of Morris, Manitoba (http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?mlat=49.355&mlon=-97.365&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF). Seeing as little mapping had been done in that area, I resolved to map it. My usual technique involves surveying the streets at home, then printing out the map and making notes. Unfortunately Yahoo! aerial imagery for that area is non existent and I couldn't get the Geobase WMS server to serve the Geobase imagery in JOSM. So I downloaded the appropriate GeoTIFF from Geobase and built the unstable version of Merkaartor from source, the build I created was just that, unstable. So I tried converting the TIFF to a JPEG and using JOSM's Piclayer plugin, which sadly also failed, as did my attempts at downloading the NRN and CanVec data directly and importing it into JOSM and an older version of Merkaartor. I tried using actual GIS software, but realized that I know very little about how to use it and didn't have time to learn. By this time it was getting pretty late and I had to get up early the next morning. So I opened up the Geobase image in Inkscape and created a rough trace of the roads from that.

So I know have a rough sketch of the roads and names to go with them, however, I need someone to import the roads into OSM for me so I can finish the job. The Canvec Dataset is 62H6.

Thanks

Sam