This message was intended to the whole community

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Weait [mailto:rich...@weait.com]
Sent: January-28-11 12:49
To: Daniel Begin
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] About OSM communication channels

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Daniel Begin <jfd...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Bonjour Richard,

My dear friend,

You replied directly to me, perhaps you meant to send this to the list
as well?  I get caught by that reply setting as well from time to
time.

> actually, every things seem fine except that the number of exchanges is
> pretty low. I remember that the list was busier when we were trying to
> convert NRCan data.  Now that it is available maybe we are all to busy
> uploading/updating data?

Perhaps.  I wonder if some people find starting a topic too scary?

> About improving the list, I find it difficult to talk about local topics
on
> a national list.  Or express myself in French, not because I feel exclude
> from the list (:-) but because I want to be understand by what seems to me
> the vast majority of contributors. However, the talk-ca list does the job
> when needed.

Ah, but talk-ca@ is a local list in the context of the global
OpenStreetMap project!  You should feel free to express yourself in
either official language of Canada. Canadians are also welcome to
participate on the talk-fr@ list, in French, with other francophones
from France, Belgium, Canada and other countries.

> About other OSM communication channels, a mailing list seems the best for
me
> considering my agenda (don't have time for IRC). However, may be an other
> communication channel would help me to discuss more local topic in French.

Perhaps you would like to add a local indication to the Subject for
very-local topics.  I sometimes remember to do this when  I announce
local meetings.  That reminds me; time to announce another local
meeting. ;-)

Best regards,
Richard