Hi Stewart, Richard et al...

I seem to be getting closer to finding the problem.  I now have Quantum
GIS showing my GPS track and the image more or less overlapping, based
on the values in my map.jgw file.  However, when I try to load it into
JOSM, I get these errors when I examine the messages in the terminal
from which I run JOSM

    Could not find mediaLib accelerator wrapper classes. Continuing in
    pure Java mode.
    Silent shortcut conflict: 'subwindow:authors' moved by
    'tools:AddressEdit' to 'Alt+C'.
    Silent shortcut conflict: 'subwindow:conflict' moved by
    'subwindow:authors' to 'Alt+Shift+C'.
    Error: NaN in greatCircleDistance

I am now beginning to suspect it is something to do with the
transformation from one spacial referencing system to an other in JOSM

Any clues?  Is there a forum or other area in which I could pose this
problem?  JOSM Plugins?  JOSM?

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Freeman