Tyler,

The values for the name keys look good! Is the highway geometry from the road network or Statscan?

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

On 3/2/2011 9:57 PM, Tyler Gunn wrote:
On 2011-03-02, at 8:38 PM, Brent Fraser wrote:

Tyler,

  The problem I have with the Statscan data is they have two attributes in the
shapefile:
NAME    MacLeod
TYPE    AVE

where I want one attribute, and according to OSM best practices, I want no
abbreviations:

MacLeod Avenue

Dunno what the Canvec data will look like...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser

My conversion would make that a single value:
name: MacLeod Avenue

I'll email you an example of the file and you can let me know if you want the
whole province ( 257mb uncompressed; 37mb compressed ).  Or I can just extract
areas you want to work with.

Tyler

--
Tyler Gunn