Hi Samuel,

About tagging forested areas, I would use landuse=forest only if it is
obvious on the field that the area is managed/harvested, as for
landuse=orchard or landuse=vineyard. We have a lot of Christmas tree
plantations in the area and I map them as landuse=forest because it is
obvious on the imagery and on the field.

If it is difficult to determine if an area is under timber lease or not,
because it looks the same, I would keep it natural=wood...

About Cut blocks, I would map the hole they create that wooded area.  If the
area is replanted, then some OSM contributor will remove the hole you map in
10-20 years from now!

Mapping the reality is the best we can do and because the reality changes
over time, we can keep mapping !-)

Daniel

  _____