It has been a while since we've had a mapping party in Toronto focussed on mapping (versus talking about mapping).

On June 11'th 2011 we will have mapping party themed "Urban Mapping".

Cities such as Toronto are filled with things much more interesting than roads. These things need to be on the map. The goal of this mapping party is to survey parts of downtown Toronto to create a better urban map.

Examples of things we are going to find include

    * pubs and restaurants and stores
    * public telephones and public toilets
    * benches,water fountains and flower gardens
    * newspaper boxes and garbage cans
    * parking lots, bicycle racks and parking meters
    * Are places wheelchair accessible

We will meet at noon at Camaraderie (http://camaraderie.ca/) 102 Adelaide Street East, 2nd floor, then head out mapping.

See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Toronto/June_11_2011_mapping_party for more details.

Invite your friends, it will be fun.