I personally use a poster sized NTS map of BC to identify tiles and a sheet
of plastic over top of it to write notes as I import, but it'd be nice
having a map with at least basic features (rivers, lakes) with a NTS
overlay.

I also have a poster sized map of the city with a grid on it for when I have
to systematically do something to the entire city area by area.