On 9/4/2011 6:51 PM, john whelan wrote:
The issue with using data like this with OSM is when you contribute it under the new contribution terms you accept that OSM can change the license at a later date. Practically speaking it makes it impossible to respect any other license so currently only PD data and things you have explicitly mapped yourself are safe.

In the OSM talk thread there are people who seem to think that all imports are bad and I suspect the license change clause was put in by them to discourage imports.

No, it was put in because we didn't want to have a rerun of all this mess if something better came along next time.

Steve

Cheerio John