I have updated  my Surrey roads data, available at
http://maps.paulnorman.ca/surrey/SurreyRoads2011Nov.zip

New in this release:
- Updated source tagging
- gritting (snowplough) information added

I find the data most useful for importing to replace unnamed roads and clear
naming mistakes.

Known deficiencies
- Some highway=service are not connected. This is a source data issue
- Some roads closed for long term construction around the Port Mann are
still considered open
- An occasional way is over-noded
- There may be some truck route information in the ROUTE0 attribute that is
not being converted to hgv=* tags
- "No" is not expanded to "Number" in road names

I intend to go over the streets with a start_date more recent than 2009 and
add them if necessary.