I've started trying to replace some of the data in Mississauga from people who haven't accepted the contributor terms using a mixture of bing, canvec and memory.

A few things I've noticed

* Often you have to delete an item from a relation and you can't add the replacement back into a relation because membership in a particular relation isn't obvious from bing/canvec. Transit relations are an example of this.

* This re-mapping is a time consuming process, it takes longer than mapping the area would have taken from scratch.

* I see at least two approaches that you can take. a) Pick a road and stick with that road deleting all the data that the JOSM license check validator picks up for the length of the road. Then retrace it from bing/canvec and connect it at junctions to other roads, some of which might also be based on non-ct term data. B) Pick an area delete all of the non-ct term data in that area then start filling in blanks based on bing/canvec. I have not yet decided which method works better.