On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 08:47:35PM +0100, Pierre Béland wrote:
> The principal problem with the relation was that the riverbank polygon has
> been broken. I finally corrected St-Laurent-Mtl Relation and issued a few
> dirty tiles requests. It now results that the islands are rendered properly.
> But you may still notice some problems at various zoom levels. In these
> cases, you just have to issue dirty tiles requests.

I took a look at one of the islands and noticed that there are both a
coastline and riverbank defining the outline of the island. Does the
riverbank way provide any tangible benefit? Personally, I dislike this
type of duplication as it more than doubles the chance of problems.

We really should have a set of best practices on the wiki for
coastlines. Note that coastline includes major waterways, e.g. St.
Lawrence River, and the great lakes.

James (Jay) Treacy
tre...@debian.org