I haven't looked at the data yet, but I would suggest omitting addr:province
and addr:country from an import. That was the conclusion of the Surrey
addresses.

As these addresses are in a fairly unusual format, could you post a sample
of a rural area and an urban area in .osm or as a shapefile?

Also remember to consult with imports@ when you're working through the
import process.