Hi

I was actually thinking of something similar for the Region of Waterloo,
for both the routes and bus stop data, which is available under an Open
Data License (
http://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/regionalGovernment/OpenDataLicence.asp) I
am exploring the use of a tool called GO-sync for converting the data. I've
heard that the shape data RoW provides may not be of great quality, so I
suspect it might take me some time to do this properly.

Mike

On 15 November 2012 13:03, Pierre Béland <infosbelas-...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Tom
>
> this Ottawa license seems compatible with ODbl. Then, I think that the
> data can be imported. You can add to the relation the tag source=City of
> Ottawa.
>
> I have not done any yet, but it does not seem to complicate.  Wiki pages
> should give godd information. Also, looking at some Bus relations should
> help to understand the content.
>
> In the relation, you enter nodes for every stop. From discussions I have
> seen elsewhere,  I think that It is important to control the quality of
> such data before you import.
>
> Pierre
>
>   ------------------------------
> *De :* Tom Taylor <tom.taylor.s...@gmail.com>
> *À :* talk-ca@openstreetmap.org
> *Envoyé le :* Jeudi 15 novembre 2012 12h46
> *Objet :* [Talk-ca] Bus maps for Ottawa
>
> I was looking at Helsinki for solutions to a lane mapping problem (how to
> map left turn lanes), and noticed they have bus routes specified as
> relations on the road segments. This put me in mind of Ottawa. My first
> thought was to check on copyright issues. I learned that Ottawa has an open
> data policy (catalogue at
> http://www.ottawa.ca/en/city_hall/statisticsdata/opendata/info/index.htm).
> Talk about an embarrassment of riches! Now I just have to put the tools
> together to do bulk mapping to OSM.
>
> Or has someone already tackled this?
>
> Tom Taylor

Mike Boos, MASc.