I've been continuing to work on validation errors in the Ottawa area. One complaint was of buildings projecting into the Ottawa River on the west side of the Portage Bridge, by the dam between the Ottawa side of the river and Victoria Island. When I look, the buildings (source CanVec 6.0) are way out of line (up to 7 m) with the Bing imagery, but lots of GPS traces show that Bing has put the Portage Bridge in the right place.

Do we take CanVec as gospel in this case and shift the river boundary, or should I just tiptoe away and leave it alone?

Tom Taylor