On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us> wrote:

> Aerial drones for OSM is very intriguing. For example mapping new
> construction and areas not covered by Bing images or where only low
> resolution images are available. I wonder the spec would be for a low cost
> drone?

Interestingly enough, on another group that I belong to, our American
friends are being faced with many states attempting to enact
legislation to make it illegal to take pictures, or capture any other
part of the sound, electromagnetic spectrum, or even odours via an
unmanned aerial vehicle. We fly high altitude balloons with cameras
onboard capturing wonderful images of our planet, and if the
legislation goes through in these states, it will become illegal to do
so.

What happens in the USA usually filters over to Canada sooner or later.

--
James
VE6SRV

http://bear.sbszoo.com/sable/sable3.htm