On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Broadcaster data is part of the public record, Industry Canada has
> downloadable data here:
> http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/h_sf09484.html (at the
> moment I don't have a machine that can deal with MapInfo files so I 'm
> not sure what data is included and I'm not sure what sort of license
> the data is released under...).

As there already is a database available with the relevant
information, I'd voice my usual objections towards importing this data
into OSM. The data is not verifiable on the ground (well, I guess it
theoretically is if you had appropriate measuring equipment, but
still...) and probably changes somewhat frequently, making the data in
OSM difficult to maintain properly. So I don't see the added benefit
of having the data in OSM.

Cheers,
 Harald.

--
Please use encrypted communication whenever possible!
Key-ID: 0x34cb93972f186565