On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Adam Martin <s.adam.mar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Quick question regarding tagging buildings. I've come across several that
> are owned and maintained by a local telecom company. These are buildings,
> usually located in residential areas, look somewhat like houses, but are
> there to provide switching and distribution of communications equipment
> (telephone, Internet, etc). What should these be tagged as? My assumption
> would be "building = yes" and a "Works =" tag. Thoughts?
>
> Adam

Excellent question that I would love an answer for.

In similar fashion our local electric power company (Toronto Hydro) has put
up a number of "houses" (and other buildings), basically fake building
shells to hide electrical transformers (with signs on/beside the door
noting the building ownership and warning of possible electrocution to
trespassers (in other words the buildings and their role is not super
secret, but also not announced loudly). How should these building shells be
tagged?

Colin.