On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Steve Singer <st...@ssinger.info> wrote:

> What is the current procedure for meeting the attribution requirement of a
> municipal data-source released under the 'Open Government Licence" ?

I've taken the cautious approach, in past, and asked for explicit
permission from the publishers.

There are a couple of reasons for this.

- most publishers are new to Open Data
- OGL is new and only just barely worse than the garbage that preceded it.
- The attribution mechanism used in OpenStreetMap (entry on imports
wiki pages) might surprise some publishers
- the CT requirement to clear future rights for future license changes
makes explicit informed permission really valuable.

best regards,

Richard