Good point - there is lots of good, free data being compiled out there that
could make excellent additions to the map. But importing is a very complex
business - especially in any area where other survey and contributor data
already exists. Extreme caution should be taken to ensure that imported
data does not replace or destroy their hard work. Survey the current data
in the area slated for having new data imported and ensure that there are
no conflicts (likely that there might be some conflict with CANVEC in any
area, but that should be fine). I suggest contacting one of the OSM
contributors that have imported large amounts of data before to get the 411
on possible problems and such.

Adam