On Wed, 10 Feb 2016, Mojgan Jadidi wrote:

For accuracy and consistency issue, as I mentioned we validate our result with imagery data and geosbase road segment geometry following with an extensive visual inspection. Our visual inspection is on-going step and never stops!.

What is the plan for when an inspection notices an issue.
In the brief period when the import was in OSM I noticed some places where there duplicate address ways or ways inconsistent with the existing roads. Sometimes this was because the existing data in OSM was properly in need of updating. How does that fit in with your process?

I feel that consistency with adjacent data is more important that absolute spatial accuracy. For example if your adding addresses to for a road that is already in OSM but shifted east 10 meters compared to the Geobase/statscan geometries then the address way should also be shifted east (unless the correct thing to do is to adjust the OSM road)

We don't want something like

    ---odd addr way for Main Street---

    ---even addr way for Main Street ---

    ***** road for Main Street ******

For the tile by tile Canvec imports the merging was a manual process and better importers corrected issue like this using their best judgement and the various available sources. This took time though, and if your adjusting the OSM data to get things inline then you need to upload that area as your doing the adjustments not later.

Steve

Mojgan (Amaneh) Jadidi, Ph.D.
Intern, Applied Research & Corporate Monitoring
Planning & Policy | Metrolinx | 97 Front Street West, Toronto, ON, M5J 1E6 | T:
416-202-5844

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
GeoICT Lab | York University | 4700 Keele St, Toronto, ON, M3J 1P3