We do have permission from the city to import:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import/Permission

but the OSM lawyers have said that the license is incompatible as the city
can pass on a lawsuit if someone sues the city for pointing them to the
wrong address with osm data.

>From the discussion with the city they want to change to the Open
Government License but they said they'd do it around December. I think when
you talked to them john they said they were working on it with their legal
team and possibly this quarter. Not sure when the license change will
happen or if it will (and they are just dicking around).

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 9:44 AM, john whelan <jwhelan0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was looking in downtown Ottawa when I noticed two sets of addresses in
> the map.
>
> One appears to be labelled source=http://data.ottawa.ca/dataset/ which is
> city of Ottawa Open data portal which to my understanding isn't licensed
> for our use.
>
> I'm not certain how many other things have been imported.
>
> Cheerio John

外に遊びに行こう!