I use to collect imagery for Mapillary, especially around the Ottawa area,
but now I'm collecting street imagery for OpenStreetView.com, which allows
you to download your photos as you still own your photos. They are
releasing more stuff(like public beta, josm plugin, etc) for the SOTM in
Seatle.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 9:46 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This is Maning Sambale and I work with the Mapbox' Data team [0].  Our
> team is working on improving carnavigation data in OpenStreetMap.  We
> recently mapped turn-lanes [1] and turn-restrictions [2] in several
> cities in the US.
>
> Right now, we want to extend this mapping to other cities around the
> world. We mainly use Mapillary, hires imagery and other open data
> sources to map.
>
> For Canada, we want to focus on several cities where Mapillary has
> good coverage.  Initial cities are:Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa,
> Calgary, Montreal. Whenever, Mapillary is not available, we will not
> map them.
>
> Before we begin, we want discuss first with the Canadian community.
> We appreciate any idea, tool, reference data that can improve
> navigation data in Canada.
>
> All  mapping projects will be posted in our mapping repo [3].
>
> [0] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapbox#Mapbox_Data_Team
> [1] https://github.com/mapbox/mapping/issues/180
> [2] https://github.com/mapbox/mapping/issues/187
> [3] https://github.com/mapbox/mapping/