Congratulations Bradon & Denis, thanks for sharing this! Thanks for helping the community along the way, as I notice Denis always has.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna

On 2016-11-05 1:43 PM, Bradon Levalds wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a mapping company that I’ve been working on for the
last couple months, and just give an overall thank you to the community
as whole for supporting my endeavour. I recently launched Krate Labs, a
company that fabricates personalized illuminated maps and displays and
thought I would share the project turned business with the community
that contributes so much. It’s also where I was able to meet so many
great individuals, that have so much knowledge and expertise, who
continue to give back, just for the cause. So overall I am thankful for
this community and everyone involved.

I met John Marshall here who introduced me to Denis Carriere a
contributor in this community and expert developer. We were able to
build a Web-App that allows a user to select any location in the world
from a live view map and create a custom map that gets sent directly to
their home or business. The magic is in the backend where the web-app
coverts a static image into a SVG (scalable vector file) that I am able
to laser directly onto acrylic plastic.

This lasering allows only light to pass through the etched artwork which
frosts, creating a unique, contemporary and detailed design of any
location in the world with just the click of a button.

Feel free to take a look and offer some feedback or insight on the site,
process or anything else you come across.

*Website *: https://www.kratelabs.com/#/

*Create A Map Web-App : *https://www.kratelabs.com/pages/app#/

Thanks,
Bradon.