Hi James -

> Yet it's the same as the Vancouver one that has been approved, and had
> data imported....

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the way that OSM needs to work.
The licences aren't the same: you can't use Vancouver's agreement to
bind the City of Ottawa, and the Federal agreement doesn't hold Ottawa
to anything about its data.

The Vancouver data was available to OSM because Paul Norman and Adam
Williamson[1] got an agreement from the city's Director, Access to
Information stating that the city's data sets were released in
accordance with the provincial Freedom of Information and Protection of
Privacy Act[2].

(I'd also recommend Paul Norman's notes on licence compatibility[3]
linked from the OSM Vancouver page[4]: they explain why all these
licenses aren't equivalent, and why it's so much work for us to accept
them.)

What I think - and I say think, because I'm learning too - needs to
happen is that we ask the City's Access to Information officials:

        Can you please confirm in writing that the data sets
         * (name of data set 1) (url of data set 1)
         * (name of data set 2) (url of data set 2)
         * ...
        are released in accordance with the Ontario Municipal Freedom
        of Information and Protection of Privacy Act?

With that confirmation in hand, and the LWG's confirmation (requested by
me, yesterday) that the City's data licence 2.0 is compatible, then I
think the matter should go away. Apologies if my approach has appeared
to change: as I said, I'm learning as I go along.

Best Wishes,
 Stewart