A friendly hello to everyone,

With the recent approval of the Ottawa ODL, I've had a keen eye on the City of
Ottawa tree dataset after seeing a project showing all the fruit-bearing trees
in the city.

http://data.ottawa.ca/dataset/tree-inventory-street-trees

The dataset provided has all the common names for the species of tree (eg.
Colorado Spruce). To make it a little more comprehensive, I've added the Latin
names for the genus and species for most of the trees myself, along with the
leaf type and cycle.

I've added a few trees to the map as a preview of the data being imported. (The
remainder will be added using and import account)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/45.47443/-75.45005 (North of Innes, East
of Trim)<http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/45.47443/-75.45005>

<http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/45.47443/-75.45005>http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4937732175
 (One specific node example)
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/45.47443/-75.45005>

More details are provided in the wiki.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import/Trees
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import/Trees>

Would love to hear some feedback and hopefully there are no issues to be found.

Cheers,

Kyle