Hello all!

I am a Masters of Science student in the Geography department at Carleton
University studying Quality Assessment of OSM data for my thesis. I am also
currently employed at Employment and Social Development Canada as a Geomatics
Technician where I have been promoting the use of OSM data within the
department.

I discussed the idea of a possible mapathon at Carleton University with
Statistics Canada, the Carleton Geography department and Mapbox. I am reaching
out (similar to Tim’s post above) to find additional OSM mappers to assist us
with the mapathon. I am fairly experienced with OSM myself but I have never led
a mapathon event. I am aware of COMS2200 issues with contributions and do not
want a repeat of this. 😊 I believe focusing on the OSM Canada Task Manager and
rural/remote regions will help avoid poor contributions.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Kent