Ok, just I had to re-write more than just that one section to make it coherent.   Hopefully the page has a bit more logical structure now.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada/Building_Canada_2020

Comments and edits welcome!

On 2018-01-29 09:26 PM, Matthew Darwin wrote:

I will re-write the "project management" section of the wiki page to align with this discussion.

On 2018-01-29 09:17 PM, john whelan wrote:
and I think I agree with Pierre the best approach would be to do it a step at a time using experienced local resources.

We do need to engage with high schools and the Universities but it is difficult with the resources available.  There is some material available https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Education but it would need reviewing to see if it is relevant to what is required.

We were exceptionally fortunate in Ottawa with the pilot and the resources we had available but even there I wasn't certain we would be able to pull it off.

Cheerio John

    +1

    Unless someone has lots of $$$ to throw at OSM work (which
    could then fund full time coordinators, trainers, lawyers,
    etc), the only way I see to coordinate is to approach it like
    how OSM in Canada was build up to now... distributed model with
    local groups doing what makes sense for their area.   There is,
    of course, no way to map all buildings in Canada by 2020 this
    way.  Still it is good to set aspirational goals...