Have a look at the osm wiki page for canvec import, you will understand why.

Sent from Galaxy S7

________________________________
From: Hannes Röst <hannesro...@gmx.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 1:02:43 AM
To: talk-ca@openstreetmap.org <talk-ca@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: [Talk-ca] NRCan lakes

Hello

I am a contributor from Toronto and I have a question regarding how to
treat some of the CanVec 6.0 - NRCan imports, specifically for lakes.
I came across this lake here:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/69275451
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/69277932
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/69745752

Which is strangely split up into 3 parts and I wonder how to proceed:
should we fix this and create a single way out of these 3 parts or is
it beneficial (for comparison to future NRCan database entries) to
keep them that way and create a relation out of the three? Also, does
somebody know why the NRCan dataset does this, is this an import
artefact (splitting into tiles?) and should be corrected when encountered
or is it part of the original dataset?

Best

Hannes Rost