Dear Julio, (it's easier for me to write in English, since you understand)

David writes:

"Having said that we do see that imagery will be available for wider use in Chile as well. "

My understanding, in this context, is that "wider use" would likely include tracing by OSM.
(But no specific imagery is mentioned)

It would probably be best to ask him (and/or specific imagery sources) for clarification, and also how the source image would be available.

Getting in touch with Chile institutions ONEMI and SNIT would certainly be a good thing ("any effort should be centred on their needs and guidance"). I see there is a contact at ONEMI for the Charter at:
http://www.un-spider.org/page/3287/spaceaid-available-space-based-information-earthquake-and-tsunami-chile

I have heard that Chile has now decided to accept the help of the international community. This would be a way people from abroad could contribute, along with fellow Chile citizens, like those whose effort you are organising.

Best,

Jean-Guilhem

Julio Costa Zambelli a écrit :
(In English after the break...)

Estimado Jean-Guilhem,

En la misma linea de las preguntas de Mikel (No me quedo del todo claro con la respuesta de David), ¿Tienes alguna claridad sobre la liberación de la licencia de GeoEye una vez que sus imágenes estén disponibles? (Obviamente la frase: "5 disasters since Haiti and none of them received the same attention and dedication as Haiti" me preocupa)

El resto de las imágenes ya disponibles están bien, pero la alta resolución es muy necesaria para avanzar en el trazado y etiquetado de todos los pueblos de la zona afectada.

Gracias todos por su ayuda y cooperación.

Saludos,

Julio Costa
OpenStreetMap Chile
http://www.openstreetmap.cl/

##ENGLISH##

Dear Jean-Guilhem,

In the same line of Mikels questions (I did not see it clear on Davids response), Are you clear on the liberation of GeoEyes data license once their imagery is available? (Obviously the phrase "5 disasters since Haiti and none of them received the same attention and dedication as Haiti" concerns me)

The already available images are alright, but high resolution imagery is quite necessary to trace and tag all the towns on the affected area.

Thank you all for your help and cooperation.

Cheers,

Julio Costa
OpenStreetMap Chile
http://www.openstreetmap.cl/