On 18.06.2013 16:45, Simone Cortesi wrote:

Hey Simone

> I'm in touch with the people at CCISS the government agency in charge
> of keeping the TMC data for Italy up to date
>
> http://www.cciss.it/portale/cciss.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=portletInstance_3&portletInstance_3_actionOverride=%2Fportlets%2Fmenu_inviaggio%2FgoRdsTmc
>
> I'm looking for ways to add data to OSM, I've see that there has been
> a halted import some time ago. Is there any leftover code lying
> around? I've seen references to websites that were created to help
> mapping.

The old data with the old scheme was almost complete manually imported
in Germany but then it was not used. The former data provider did step
back and the evaluation system was turn off. Not a nice experience for
all the mapper who spend effort to add and proof the data.

Well meanwhile a new tagging system was developed [1] but I do not know
if it was ever added.

Sorry, I can not provide much info. Only found some more discussions on
the mailing lists [3][4]

fly

----
[1] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2012-March/009639.html