I like the part where you say Wolfsburg, population 120.000,
was a major city in Germany.

It's obvious Wolfsburg was chosen because that's where the
headquarters of Volkswagen are located. And Stuttgart
because that's where Mercedes-Benz/Daimler and Porsche
are. Those happen to be the first cities in whole Europe
you target. /s

Here's the Mapillary coverage in Stuttgart.
http://imgur.com/QHKbYRF

I'd argue there there are other German cities with better
coverage that could be prioritised if Mapillary is meant
to be the primary source. Can the local community volunteer
other cities or is Stuttgart and Wolfsburg a must-have?

marc tobias