Hallo,

diese Nachricht ging an talk. Ich möchte nicht nochmal alles übersetzen,
deshalb ist der Rest meiner Nachricht auf Englisch.

After having some trouble with the precision and number of bugs returned by
OpenStreetBugs [1] I contacted the author (Xav). He agreed that it needed to
be rewritten. I already tried some code which was used for testing purposes
only [2].
I continued developing that code in a public repository. I also added scripts
to dump the Appspot database (based on Xav's dump method).

The new service is now running on a sponsored test server [3]. Appspot data is
imported once a day. I also sent a patch to Xav to proxy the new database on
Appspot for a smooth transition to the new service.

I hope that this patch will be applied soon. Xavier was afraid of Javascript
slowness now where each request returns 100 bugs. Can anyone confirm that this
is a problem? This number could still be changed.

I think it would be nice if the service was using the domain
openstreetbugs.org (easy to remember).
Currently it is available at http://openstreetbugs.schokokeks.org/

If you like to use the service in JOSM you can change the settings from
http://openstreetbugs.appspot.com/* to
http://openstreetbugs.schokokeks.org/api/0.1/*

You find some statistics, daily database dumps and various links at the "more"
link on the new website. Some details are also documented in the wiki [4].

One last thing: my goal was to get better query results and more access to the
data. I do not intend to spend a lot of time on developing this service. You
are always welcome to send patches, maybe it is also possible to share access
to the repository. And in the worst case: forking is easy.

I hope you enjoy the new OpenStreetBugs!

Greetings,
Mitja

[1] http://openstreetbugs.appspot.com/
[2] http://www.b3e.net/openstreetbugs.html