Thank you all for your input. I have some more specific questions.

On 14 November 2013 19:55, Noel Torres <env...@rolamasao.org> wrote:
> On 14/11/13 11:51, David wrote:

>> I think the shop you describe fits better the description of "estanco"
>> than "quiosco".

> I agree. "Estanco" comes from the name of a State granted monopoly on
> tobacco, and these shops sell mainly (old) state monopolies like tobacco and
> stamps (but not lotto), and also candy and other low-price (candy are toys
> are usually less that 1€ per piece) goods like phone card recharges, small
> toys and child stamps.
> The name "Quiosco" refers to a kind of small building
> on the street where usually newspapers and magazines are sold, but also
> other not-so-low price (books, newspapers and magazines are usually over 1€
> per piece) goods like (a few) books, water, sometimes bread and toys. These
> nowadays typically sell also tobacco and candy, so there is some overlapping
> among them.

It seems that Quiosco nicely corresponds to the shop=kiosk tag.

Estanco is a bit harder to capture. I think that either shop=newspaper
or shop=tobacco would make sense. Tagging them as shop=tobacco would
mean that that shop=newsagent is hardly ever used in Spain (because
shop=kiosk and shop=tobacco are used instead), but maybe that's not
really a problem. What do you think would be best? How is an estanco
currently tagged?

> On the other hand, in Spain, lotto is sell in specialized lotto-only shops
> called "Administración de Lotería". These are the only legal places to sell
> lotto and to play football polls.

So they don't sell newspapers and other stuff, like German lottery
shops do, right?
This is an example of a German lottery shop:
http://www.hit.de/regional/partner_image/071/071_Lotto_Shop.jpg

-- Matthijs