From: Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) <robert.whittaker+...@gmail.com>
Date: 1 June 2018 at 15:12
Subject: [Talk-GB] Two new tools: 'Ghosts' and 'Survey Me'
To: talk-gb <talk...@openstreetmap.org>

I'd like to announce two new tools, which may help people improve OSM
data in the UK.

The first tool is 'Ghosts': http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/ghosts/

I put this together as a result of the discussion on this list last
month. The tool aims to track closed and re-named/re-branded UK shops
and facilities that are still present in OSM. It's probably not that
useful on its own, apart from helping to indicate the size of
different issues and our progress in tackling them (and you could tell
that anyway from taginfo.) However, it also feeds its data in to...

The second tool is 'Survey Me!': http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/survey/

This combines the data from Ghosts and my various other tools
(defibrillators, postboxes, post offices, pharmacies, rights of way,
schools) and presents a local view of discrepancies that could
potentially be resolved by a ground survey. The idea is that if you're
interested in your local area, or you're going somewhere new and want
to see if there's anything in particular worth surveying, you can use
the tool to get a set of locations to check out. This should be much
more convenient than looking at each of my tools individually.

I hope some of your will find these tools useful. As usual, I'm happy
to receive feedback and suggestions for improvements.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker