Hi,

Right, those seem to come from the notorious Corine Landcover import that was never completed nor reversed even it does have loads of topological errors. It does bring some colour to the map in about 25% of the Finnish territory, though. You may know that we do not have very good alternative sources for land cover imports because 71,6% of the area of Finland is covered by forests. Therefore our topographic map database does not even have a class for forests - they are background, not interesting at all.

I had a look at some polygons and I do not know exactly how they should be corrected. For example relation https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1481481#map=8/62.740/25.565

It has an inner member https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/104644001 which somehow looks the same as
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/104646035

The inner polygon, that is coniferous wood, is a simple polygon with only outer ring. So as a stand-alone it could carry its own tags. But because the ring is re-used as a hole of the bigger mixed wood polygon it should not have tags. Instead the single ring coniferous area should be changed into a multipolygon relation that has only one member, and that new relation would get the coniferous tag. Is this correct?

I really much doubt that anybody is interested in correcting the Corine polygons but people has not been too eager to revert the import either. Because of the colour, you know. But let's see how other members of the Finnish community react. I fear also that OSM will never get rid of the hand-written multipolygon relation system and because the reason for the trouble will not be fixed you have been forced to start your huge effort with fixing the broken data https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Area/The_Future_of_Areas. Good luck for you.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-