From: Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>
Date: 2009/12/5
Subject: [OSM-dev] Announcement: ogr2osm
To: impo...@openstreetmap.org
Cc : d...@openstreetmap.org

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I started developing ogr2osm, a small python script that
is able to take any OGR-supported format (shapefiles, spatialite, GML, KML,
DGN, and a lot more), and convert it into OSM format.

Its main feature is the ability to make relations out of complex polygons,
perfect for boundaires of administrative or landuse areas. Another cool
feature is the ability to do on-the-fly reprojection, via a epsg code or a
proj.4 string.

A few people have tested it out, and so far no one has found any major bugs or
any missing show-stopping feature. It's now beta instead of alpha.

I would like people to try it out and voice their opinions about this piece of
software.

It is available at
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/import/ogr2osm/

Cheers,