Sujet:  [OpenStreetMap] French administrative borders
Date :  Fri, 10 Jan 2014 07:54:50 +0000
De :    eartrumpet <m-403561-ff7...@messages.openstreetmap.org>
Pour :  red...@redfoxcenter.org

Bonjour RedFox,

eartrumpet <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/eartrumpet> vous a envoyé
un message depuis OpenStreetMap avec le sujet French administrative
borders :

==

Hello RedFox,

in the area I'm usually mapping (north-eastern Alps) I stumbled with OSM
Inspector on a border of a huge area with invalid geometry, which
happens to be the border of France. That was very recently introduced.

It seems like somewhere in your recent changes a small glitch might have
caused that. I tried to look into it, but it's not possible to download
that much with JOSM. As you seem to have a lot of experience and
probably know where this might have occured I send you these links.

Here you see the large brown lines around France, which go all around
the world:
http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=multipolygon&lon=1.51009&lat=50.88888&zoom=8&opacity=0.63&overlays=invalid_geometry_hull,duplicate_ways,intersections,intersection_lines,ways,role_markers,way_end_nodes,way_nodes

OSMI says there is somewhere in those relations some invalid geometry:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1403916
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2202162

I hope you have the time to look into it and find the problematic area!

Thanks, Tobias

==

        Librement,