I'm all for a UK SOTM conference as it would be great to meet up with folk
who have been so far might only have been an electronic presence, to share
best practice, get some hints and tips on techniques for map-making from the
data for those of us who are less technically gifted (perhaps documenting
them for others who come later); discussing projects that need national
collaboration e.g ward boundaries; and setting up a UK chapter. Doesn't
leave much time for mapping though. Venue sounds like it might be
contentious so I'll stay out of that for the moment- anyway that should be
secondary to the content and objectives.

Regards

Brian