On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Andy Robinson
(blackadder)<blackadder...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Welcome to OSM, great to have someone new in the area make contact.
>
> There are several users who live in your general area, one in Bromsgrove I
> know of plus several in the s/w part of Brum.
>
> You might want to join the Talk-gb-westmidlands@openstreetmap.org mailing
> list, which you can do via http://lists.openstreetmap.org
> Say hello to the list if you do.
>
> We have monthly social meets in Birmingham. Always on the first Thursday of
> the month. The next one on 3rd Sept may well be on the west side of the
> city, so you might be interested in that. Keep an eye on the mappa-mercia
> wiki page for that.
>
> For chatroom you need to be at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Irc#IRC
> The main and busiest channel, #osm, is the one I hang out on as blackadder.
>
> Finally a couple of userful websites:
> www.mappa-mercia.org for our local branding of OSM in the west mids
> and
> www.itoworld.com and subscribe (fee) to OSM Mapper which lets you see who
> has editing and is editing in a give area.

I assume that you meant *free* rather than *fee* :)

And welcome to Phil if you're on this list already.

Matt Williams
West Coventry/Leamington Spa/University of Warwick most of the time
http://milliams.com

P.S. GMail doesn't seem to default to Reply-to-list. Does anyone know why?