On 08/09/11 22:37, Dave F. wrote:

Before any mapping gets done can we make sure the relation system to be used can cope with a long distance route?

This relation is fairly long & upto v341 already. It gives a time out error when attempting to view its history.

Instead of having just one relation I think it would be a good idea to split it into child/parent relations such as has been done to NCN 4:

This may be a stupid question, but what precisely is the purpose of grouping the parts of Monarch's Way, or similar, into relations at all? I know that in general, relations allow tags to be applied to the whole thing, but it escapes me what tags you might want to apply to the whole of a long distance footpath apart from its name? Am I missing something?

Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Harley    :     Managing Director     :     SpiffyMap Ltd

Email: m...@spiffymap.com   Phone: 0845 313 8457   www.spiffymap.com
Post: The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry CV4 7EZ