On 31 October 2011 23:31, Andrew Mackenzie <a.macken...@bethere.co.uk> wrote:

> There are some tagging questions: allotments are called community gardens in
> Europe and how should prospective growing spaces be tagged?
> I'm hopeful that MappaMercia people will be interested.  Maybe we could
> discuss at Thursday meet?

I'm interested - I mapped many of the (North) Birmingham allotments a
few months ago - but won't be there on Thursday.

Here's one example:

   <http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/22652548>

Note that I plotted the toilet block separately, but didn't tag the
site as toilets=yes - I'm now wondering whether that would have been
useful also?

Also not the short BCC URL -
<http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/walsall-road-allotments> - which, sadly,
only exist for those I mapped while working at BCC. I did request that
they complete the set after I left, but no joy.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing