On 15 August 2014 21:11, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> I would like to propose a project for our group: that we make the West
> Midlands the first county with all of its geotagged Wikipedia
> articles, and their equivalent Wikidata entries, added to OSM.

I think that's a great idea. Having wikipedia articles linked is very
useful, in particular on mobile when touring around. And I think
wikidata has the potential to become very important in the future too.

>    wikipedia en:St Paul's Church, Birmingham

Do we add the equals sign after wikipedia, or do we use wikipedia:en?

> You can see local, geotagged Wikipedia articles on this map:
>
> https://tools.wmflabs.org/wiwosm/osm-on-ol/kml-on-ol.php?la=en&uselang=en&lon=-1.865&lat=52.450&rang=50&map=1

I don't understand that map very well. Is there a legend? Is there a
way to see what has been done already? Especially the latter is very
important.

How do we tag things that only appear on a list, such as 'Grade I
listed buildings in the West Midlands'?

> What do you think? Any questions? Will you help?

Like I said, I think it's a great idea. I added tags for a couple of
buildings in the city centre already, and plan to help adding some
more.

-- Matthijs