hi
i am based in redditch and involved with a disability group call DIAL
in worcestershire. We are looking at the possibility of using
http://wheelmap.org/ alongside android phones too help disabled people
have better access to the town centres.

The main goal at the moment is try to get a record of all the drop
kerbs in a small area around kidderminster maybe other parts of
worcestershire depending on the volunteers we got at the moment.
We would like to be able to feed this information into any future
projects/apps that could use this information for satnav type app for
wheelchairs/scooter users.

I am all new too openstreetmaps but i use open source at home with
linux and would think its the best place too put information/data is
openstreetmaps i am not sure i convinced them that it is at the moment
i feel like a lone voice , they keep going on about keeping the
technology as simple as possible but i believe that can be achieved
with open apps as well just that most of audience for open source is
quite geeky and techno minded , geeks have no problems with
commandline apps etc.

I will try to attend the next meeting.

Would anyone else like to get involved with this project?

mark