Ryan, apologies on the wrong spelling of your name.

Andy

From: Andy Robinson <ajrli...@gmail.com>
Sent: 06 January 2022 09:40
To: 'Ryan Underwood' <runderwood...@gmail.com>;
Talk-gb-westmidlands@openstreetmap.org
Subject: RE: [Talk-gb-westmidlands] Grit bin locations

Ray,

Back in 2009/10 OSMers, myself included, added route details for Birmingham’s
gritting from information supplied by BCC and created routes in OSM. We also
made the BBC news with our then gritting map as the council didn’t have their
own.

https://www.mappa-mercia.org/2010/02/true-grit.html

Its very likely that Birmingham’s current gritting routes and bin locations are
historically similar to those we worked with all those years ago. Ideally we
would get an update from them so that we can verify/fix the OSM data.

We know from past experience that location data for objects within BCC’s data
sets can be off, especially if it was collected by third parties. Therefore
their locations of bins is a useful aid for locating them on the ground but
unwise to consider an import per se even if the licence on the data turns out
to be acceptable to OSM.

Cheers

Andy