It also makes for an interesting way to do mapping. In a few recent
lunchtimes I've been making a list of a few as-yet unreferenced
postboxes and going out to get the locations and references. I then map
other things I see on the way as well, e.g. I've been doing filling in
of roads where we don't have names.

Of course Royal Mail's descriptions for the locations of some of the
postboxes leave a little to be desired, but that's just part of the fun!

Gregory